Kemptville's MyTempoMusic offers instrumental music lessons to suit any age or experience level.
Reach out via the contact page for more information, or use the sign-up form to begin lessons right away.
This site is updated as required. Please check back regularly.
Sunday, August 9, 2020 | Uncategorized
Thank you for your patience as in dealing with this unusual situation! After a face-to-face hiatus due to the pandemic, MyTempo will be fully reopening on September 14, 2020. Here's what you need to know:
- Online lessons will continue to be available as an alternative to face-to-face lessons for those who don't yet feel ready to return in person.
- We are following the Ontario public school system with regards to openings and closures. Face-to-face lessons will resume in the second full week of school for the 2020-2021. In the event the schools are closed again, face-to-face lessons will pause, with students having the option to flip to online lessons.
- To ensure that students and myself are as safe as possible, there will be some additional safety measures taken:
- Lessons will be staggered (with the exception of students in the same household) to avoid interaction in the foyer, and to allow time for sanitization in between students.
- Students will be required to sanitize or wash their hands upon arrival at the studio.
- Students who do not need to blow through their instrument will need to wear a mask. I will also be wearing a mask in these situations. (I am looking into the effectiveness of specially designed 'instrument masks' and will keep wind players posted with regard to this requirement).
- A HEPA filter will be running throughout all lessons to minimize the spread of aerosols.
- The studio will be cleaned after each lesson with anti-bacterial and anti-viral cleaner, including any materials used, and any high-touch surfaces.
- Physical distance will be maintained during lessons as much is possible.
- Cancellation policies regarding refunds will be relaxed as we navigate the pandemic. In the event that you have prepaid for lessons, and choose to terminate early due to a closure, extended quarantine etc., any unused amounts will be refunded.
- Please do not attend lessons if you aren't feeling well or are showing any symptoms. This is common practice for wind instrument players, and is an especially important rule to follow in the current climate. Any prepaid lessons in this case will be rolled into the next pay period.
Please let me know that this email has reached you well, and let me know your plans come September. I am ready to reserve previous time slots as best possible for returning students, but some may need to be adjusted slightly to allow for cleaning time in between lessons. For those registering for the first time, I expect Mondays and Tuesdays to have the most availability.
All the best,
MyTempo Music Studio
Move to ONLINE LESSONS
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 | Uncategorized
Hello MyTempo students and families,
As I know you are all aware, we are facing unprecedented times with the urges to flatten the curve and practice physical distancing. With that in mind, I have made the difficult depiction to take lesson to an online, until further notice. I will be following the decisions of the Ontario Ministry of Education; when schools resume, so will face-to-face music lessons.
I recognize that online lessons will be very difficult for some students, so you will always have the option to opt out until face-to-face learning resumes. In the event of prepaid lessons, payments will simply be deferred, and any unused credit will be refunded at the end of the academic year.
I will default to scheduling lessons at your regular lesson times, beginning Monday March 30. With children currently learning from home, and my working from home, daytime lessons also become an option for those who wish. Parents needn’t ‘attend’ online lessons, but I do ask there to be an adult home while the lesson is occurring.
Lessons will officially remain the same length, however, I ask that you be flexible with your lesson end times as we get familiar with this new venue. I anticipate a learning curve that could put us over or under our scheduled finish time, depending on technology, or activities that need to be approached differently.
Each family will be getting a link through email asking them to create a password for their student portal. This will allow them log in to the student portal via my website (mytempomusic.mymusicstaff.com
). From here, each student will be able to join online lessons through their calendar via the zoom platform. You will not need a zoom account, however, if you plan on using a phone or tablet, you will need to download the zoom app to your device.
I will send out detailed instructions on logging in and connecting to lessons shortly, alongside portal invites. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or comments. I am eagerly accepting feedback as we make this transition.
All the best,
Happy Birthday MyTempo!
Saturday, September 7, 2019 | Uncategorized
Today marks the one-year anniversary of our grand opening in Kemptville!
Looking forward to many more to come!